Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Capsized Kayaker, Recovering Addict, Saved By Floating Tiki Bar Full of Priests

From People Magazine:

Distressed Kayaker on Lake George Saved by Priests on Floating Tiki Bar: 'He Was in Trouble'
Greg Barrett, the captain of the tour boat, said he believed the rescue to be an example of "divine intervention" 
A kayaker in distress on Lake George was pulled to safety thanks to the quick-thinking actions of priests on board a Tiki Tours boat.
Jimmy MacDonald, a drug counselor from Albany, New York, was out on Lake George on August 11 with his wife and stepchildren, when the kayak he had rented capsized as he was on his phone.
"My pride, my ego told me I'll figure this out," MacDonald told NBC WNYT. However, despite his attempts to right the boat, he was becoming exhausted with his life preserver rising to the level of his head.

"And that's when I said, 'I think I might die today, this might be it,' " he said to the NBC affiliate.
It was then that MacDonald, who is seven years sober, prayed for assistance.
It happened to be members of a missionary society, the Paulist Fathers, on a retreat on the lake who answered his call from the Tiki Tour boat.....
....MORE

Catholic News Agency quotes one of the seminarians, named Noah Ismael.