Monday, June 22, 2020

After Reading The FT's Latest On Wirecard, I'd Say We Should Put Up A Statue Honouring Dan McCrum....

....but, well, you know.

Here is Mr. McCrum's Twitter timeline with some links and tidbits.


....MUCH MORE  

Speaking of statues, I was going to post something on the unboxing of the Churchill statue last week:
Britain removes protection from Churchill statue for Macron visit
using as a headline the message the Admiralty supposedly sent out to the fleet when Churchill was appointed to his second go-round as First Lord of the Admiralty by Neville Chamberlain in September 1939:
"Winston is Back!"
Which of course led to a remembrance of a bit of dialogue recounted by Manchester in The Last Lion between Churchill and his "man," David Inches:

Winston Churchill:
You're very rude to me, Inches.
David Inches:
*You're* very rude to *me*, sir.
Winston Churchill:
Yes, but I am a great man.
It doesn't sound like Dan McCrum but who knows, resounding success can change people.

Previously:
Free Dan McCrum
But first, who is Dan McCrum?

Sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man.
And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there.

Sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Well, I lost my train of thought here.
But... aw, hell. I've done introduced it enough.

Where to begin?.....
Last seen in Wirecard Flashback: "Dan McCrum Did Not Call The Germans Jackbooted Thugs".