Thursday, September 10, 2020

Amplifying and Clarifying: Ahead of Today's FT Wirecard Due Diligence Forum, A Mea Culpa

Via the FT's David Keohane we see this:

And that reminded me that I may have jumped to an unwarranted conclusion in a couple posts.
In August 6's "FT reporters who broke Wirecard story sign with agency" I intro'd with:
I smell Oscar! 

And while it is true that the agency, WME (formerly William Morris) represents a lot of creative talent in Hollywood (and elsewhere) the parent company, Endeavor Group Holdings (Endeavor) formerly known as William Morris Endeavor Entertainment also owns properties that include Ultimate Fighting Championship and Miss Universe, meaning the signing of Messrs. Murphy and McCrum could possibly go in a whole different direction from the one I surmised.

Previously:
Wirecard, The Movie: The FT's Dan McCrum Potrays A Man Pushed To The Brink By Teutonic Treachery