I’m not at all sure if there’s a catalyst for this, but China-based solar stocks are suffering a fairly substantial sell off today.
See for yourself:
- JA Solar (JASO): Down $1.02, or 5.7%, to $16.95.
- Suntech Power (STP): Down $3.01, or 6.7%, to $42.96.
- China Sunergy (CSUN): Down 83 cents, or 6.9%, to $11.20.
- Canadian Solar (CSIQ): Down $2.02, or 6.2%, to $30.43.
- Yingli Green Energy (YGE): Down $1.04, or 5.8%, to $16.84.
- Trina Solar (TSL): Down $2.85, or 8.4%, to $31.11.
- LDK Solar (LDK): Down $2.23, or 4.5% to $47.83.
I’m sure there is a perfectly rationale reason for this, but I can’t find one....MORE.
(the first commenter is ironic, the Barron's writers are constantly accused of being short or being in the pay of the shorts or of being Bilderbergers or of being short Bilderbergers)