Monday, August 19, 2019

I Have Become a Shadow of a Caricature of a Satire of a Parody

Re-reading the post immediately below: 
Hate Your Colleagues? Trying to Manage a Bunch Of Chatterboxes? It's a Bulle Market
I'm not sure why I received this. It came in through an anonymous encrypted ProtonMail account.

From the Daily Mail, 1Feb13
Sick of your colleagues? Why not work in a bubble: Fantastic French invention keeps you sealed off in the office...
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/01/article-0-17488AB0000005DC-483_634x578.jpg
The Bubble Desk Office designed by Christian Pottgiesser ensures you no longer have to 
hear or laugh at your colleagues' jokes 

Don't want to listen to jokes? Well you can't avoid the headline pun can ya Mr./Ms emailer ha!
(In French bulle is bubble which is an extended bull and...ahhh screw it. I was so proud)

 
And hours later wondering "Why does this seem so familiar?"  Déjà vu?
Non. 
It was a freakin' post from 2012: 

Le Blog de Jean-Paul Sartre
From the New Yorker:

Saturday, 11 July, 1959: 2:07 A.M.
I am awake and alone at 2 A.M.
There must be a God. There cannot be a God.
I will start a blog.
 Sunday, 12 July, 1959: 9:55 A.M.
An angry crow mocked me this morning. I couldn’t finish my croissant, and fled the café in despair.
The crow descended on the croissant, squawking fiercely. Perhaps this was its plan.
Perhaps there is no plan.

Thursday, 16 July, 1959: 7:45 P.M.
When S. returned this afternoon I asked her where she had been, and she said she had been in the street.
“Perhaps,” I said, “that explains why you look ‘rue’-ful.”
Her blank stare only reinforced for me the futility of existence.

Friday, 17 July, 1959: 12:20 P.M.
When S. came through my study just now I asked her to wait a moment.
Rueful,” I told her. “Because ‘rue’ is the French word for street.”
“What?” she said.
“From yesterday,” I said.
“Oh,” she said. “Yeah. Right.”
“And you said you had been in the street.”
“I got it,” she said.
“It was a pun,” I said.
“Got it,” she said. “Puns aren’t your thing, are they?”.
.. ...MORE

HT: Marginal Revolution 

Key takeaway: Don't explain the pun!
It can only lead to an inexorable sense of futility and a desire to read: 
Existential Questions I Hadn't Considered: "Is There a Gnawing Ennui Within the Financial Industry?"