Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jeff Saut, Raymond James: "a trading top is due this week"

One minute before the open DJIA futures are down 53, S&P 500 down 4.4.
From Raymond James, Jan. 23, 2012:
...The call for this week: Last Thanksgiving I suggested the Santa rally was beginning. I stuck with that “call” into the new year. On January 3, 2012 I stated that session felt like an “emotional peak” and that January 10, 2012 felt like the “price peak.” Subsequently I wrote, “The only question in my mind is if the markets are going to have a pullback into the 1230 – 1240 support zone, or go sideways to correct their overbought condition and allow the internal energy to be rebuilt.” So far, it has been a sideways consolidation until last week’s upside breakout causing one old Wall Street wag to exclaim, “Breakout or fake-out?!” On a short-term basis I think it is a fake-out believing a trading top is due this week ...
HT: Pragmatic Capitalism

See also yesterday's:

"Tuesday – Topping Out or Just Pinning the Fed?"

"Stock market stalls as Minor Cycle looks increasingly tired "