Thursday, December 9, 2010

UPDATED: Convicted Felon and Former CPA (insert family shame joke here) Has a Question for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR)

Update: The company reported great numbers but lowered the bottom of the guidance range and cautioned on coffee bean prices. The stock is trading down 17% at $31.00.
Original post:
From Sam Antar's White Collar Fraud blog:

To Green Mountain Coffee Roasters: My Questions for Today's Earnings Call 
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (NASDAQ: GMCR) is scheduled to hold a conference call with investors and analysts today at 5:30 PM to discuss the status of an informal SEC inquiry, its restatement of financial reports from 2007 to 2010 due to certain accounting errors, and its "financial results for its fiscal 2010 fourth quarter and full year."

In a previous blog post, I raised certain issues:

To truly exonerate itself after the discovery of certain material violations of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (NASDAQ: GMCR) needs to come clean with investors and disclose exactly when it found certain accounting errors. In addition, Green Mountain needs to provide clearer and more transparent disclosures to investors about the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) inquiry and the discovery of those errors.

I sent the following email to Green Mountain's investor relations contact requesting that I participate with other investors and analysts in the conference call and that I be permitted to ask certain questions:
From: Sam E. Antar
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 2:02 AM
To: 'Investor.Services@GMC...
Subject: Request Re Earnings Conference Call
Importance: High
Dear Kathleen Shaffer:
As you probably know, I have been closely covering events concerning Green Mountain Coffee in my blog. Please send me information on how I can dial in and listen to the live call via telephone, rather than listen to the live webcast. In the interest of transparency, I respectfully request that I be permitted to ask 2 or 3 questions during the Q & A.
Respectfully,
Sam E. Antar
I have not heard back from Green Mountain. Therefore, I am posting my questions here:

Question 1:
...MORE