Thursday, December 23, 2010

"Investing Fads and Themes by Year, 1996-2010"

A handy little chart for those of us who have a nagging suspicion* we were there but wouldn't want to swear to it.
From The Reformed Broker:


Commentary

*Some days it seems as if I'm living in a Saturday Night Live loop, what with all the times I say I forgot:
...You.. can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You say.. "Steve.. how can I be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes?" First.. get a million dollars. Now.. you say, "Steve.. what do I say to the tax man when he comes to my door and says, 'You.. have never paid taxes'?" Two simple words. Two simple words in the English language: "I forgot!" How many times do we let ourselves get into terrible situations because we don't say "I forgot"? Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, "I forgot armed robbery was illegal." Let's suppose he says back to you, "You have committed a foul crime. you have stolen hundreds and thousands of dollars from people at random, and you say, 'I forgot'?" Two simple words: Excuuuuuse me!!"
We'll be right back, after these words!
-SNL Season 3, episode 9 77i