Monday, December 20, 2010

SEC Charges Alternate Energy Holdings With Fraud (AEHI.PK)

I feel pretty.
Three years ago I sent an email to Mark Gongloff who at that time was Markets Editor of the online Wall Street Journal and proprietor of their Energy Roundup blog.
I'm not sure what his current title is, MarketBeat's Matt Phillips referred to him in one post as "Mark, you're the chief credit market goon around here."
You've probably seen his byline on the Ahead of the Tape column and elsewhere. My point is the guy is pretty sharp. Here's the email:
Mark,
     Back in June you posted "Let's Make (Another) Green Deal" and mentioned Alternate Energy Holdings. I laughed so hard I had people running down the hall to see what was wrong.
And, I got a post out of it.
I saw something this a.m. which reminded me of AEHI.PK:

Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc. (AEHI.PK)

The Journal's story on Mr. Buffett and the effect his entrée into the bond insurance biz. had on MBI and ABK (15% haircuts).

The little pink-sheet scamma-jamma may have to think about this as the raise their $4.5Bil.

God help me, I love markets.
Happy New Year
I don't use technical terms like "scamma-jamma" loosely.
Here's the June 2007 post that I got out of Mark's ER post:

Go to the Energy Roundup

Go now. Go to this post. I have to change my Depends.

One of these things is not like the others.

Can you tell which one?

Hint: Besides some pretty fair writing/reportorial skills the poster has a wickedly on point sense of markets.

If you can't figure it out, I'll put another hint at the bottom of this post....
Here's the latest:
ABC News
SEC Charges Alternate Energy With Fraud

Idaho Statesman