Thursday, December 3, 2020

Meanwhile in Namibia: "Politician named Adolf Hitler wins election"

2020 staying on brand I see.

From the Evening Standard, December 3:

The politician said his wife just calls him Adolf

A politician named Adolf Hitler has distanced himself from the dead Nazi leader after winning election in Namibia, saying: “My name doesn’t mean I’m striving for world domination”.

Adolf Hitler Uunona won more than 85 per cent of the vote for the ruling SWAPO in a regional council election in Oshana.

The Southwestern African country was a former colony of Germany and shares many street names and family names with the European nation.

“My father named me after this man. He probably didn't understand what Adolf Hitler stood for," he told Bild....

....MUCH MORE 

“My name doesn’t mean I’m striving for world domination”.

Uh huh. "This is my last territorial demand in Europe"