*China's LDK Solar (LDK Quote) expects net profit to top $200 mln in 2008 vs own forecast of over $150 mln in 2007
* LDK Solar could become No. 1 wafer maker by shipment in three years' time
* LDK Solar to boost headcount to 10,000 by end-2008 from 6,500 now (Adds details)
Solar wafer maker LDK Solar Co Ltd expects its net profit to exceed $200 million this year, about a third higher than the company's forecast for net profit of more than $150 million in 2007, its chief financial officer said on Thursday.
The company, based in China's central province of Jiangxi, aims to quadruple its wafer production capacity to 1,600 megawatts by 2009 from 400 megawatts now to meet robust demand....MORE
And also from Reuters:
LDK Solar Announces Financial Outlook for 2008 and Preliminary Business Outlook for 2009
2008 Financial Outlook:
* Revenue: Between $960 million and $1 billion.
* Wafer shipments: Between 510 MW to 530 MW
* Polysilicon production: 100 metric tons to 350 metric tons
* Gross margin: Between 26% to 31%
2009 Preliminary Business Outlook:
* Wafer shipments: 1,050 MW to 1,150 MW
* Polysilicon Production: 5,000 metric tons to 7,000 metric tons
* Gross margin: Between 42% to 50%