Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What on Earth Has Happened to A123? (AONE)

Sorry about the disappearing act, reality intruded in the form of BIDU's $80 drop and subsequent $30 rebound.
I just happened to take a glance at A123, the stock had an $18 handle!
Here's the chart (from BigCharts):



As I said the day the stock started trading:
...I don't have an interest in IPO's in general (all the allocation shenanigans, quid pro quo, etc.) but would be remiss if I didn't at least mention this one...
The only things I know for sure are the stock is 25% cheaper than it was four days ago (below the first day close!) and earnings (loss) are due on Nov. 10.
Previously:
A123: A deeper look (AONE)
Investing in the Battery Industry (AONE; ENS; HEV; XIDE)
A123 Systems vs. BYD and Other Irrational Battery Investments (AONE; BRK.A)
A123 IPO Roundup II (AONE) "A123 in Talks to Settle Lithium Battery Patent Fight
"GE, Sequoia on A123Systems and cleantech (AONE)