Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thoughts on Markets, Investing and Life

This is a partial repost from last May:

Second only to "Super Karate Monkey Death Car"** in the depth of it's profound understanding of the market is NewsRadio's Season 3 Episode 9:


Jimmy: Be careful, Beth, because the stock market can be a cruel mistress.
Beth: Well, so can I, but that's not how I want to make my money any more.
-----
Bill: Have you ever lost something very dear to you?
Dave: Yeah, when I was 12, we had this dog...
Bill: I was actually thinking more along the lines of a large sum of cash.
-----
Jimmy: [about a stock ticker] It's just like television, except without all those people doing stupid things to a fake laugh track.
-----
Bill: Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish...
Jimmy: ...and he'll spend all his time in the basement tying flies and neglecting his personal hygiene.
-NewsRadio: "Stocks" at IMDB

MORE