Thursday, May 4, 2017

Ooh, Ooh! Albert Edwards Is Back From Barbados and James Montier On "Seven Sins of Fund Management"

Paul Murphy, Empresario d'Alphaville* has a couple treats for his readers.
From FT Alphaville's Markets Live:
Thursday, 4th May, 2017
PM Yep working for me

PM If you are just joining, we've had a tech bork for the past hour

PM Apologies, but the issue has now fixed

PM But fear it's too late

PM Bryce has swanned off to see someone in Mayfair, muttering about ITV as he left

PM I have a 12.30 that I can't cancel

PM By way of apology, have a few slabs of Albert...

PM Barbados’s central bank governor is sacked for refusing to print money. Who’s next?
       I’ve just returned from a reinvigorated ten-day break on my favourite Barbados beach. Whenever I am there, I always like to take a quick look at the local economic news. I was shocked to see that since my last visit, the Central Bank Governor, Delisle Worrell had been fired by the finance minister. It has been widely reported that Worrell was protesting at the Government’s insistence he finance the intractable and burdensome public-sector deficit by printing money –link. Now why shouldn’t Barbados follow the lead of the US and other developed economies by printing money?
...MUCH MORE, including the Montier

*"An empresario was a person who had been granted the right to settle on land in exchange for recruiting and taking responsibility for new settlers. The word is Spanish for entrepreneur...."
Not to be confused with Impresario.
-Wikipedia