From Reason's Hit & Run blog:
...But I’m not holding out too much hope for that outcome. More likely the contest will end up pitting a rambling, hilariously gaffe-prone former Senator who still thinks he has a shot at the Oval Office against a wonky-seeming, policy-factoid-obsessed current House member who probably does still have a shot at the presidency. Biden, the former Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, will try to outclass Ryan on international affairs. Ryan, the current Chairman of the House Budget Committee, will attempt to school his opponent on domestic policy.
Adding to the excitement, they’ll both be sitting down. Still, here’s hoping the showdown will be as uniquely amusing and hardcore as the candidates — the P90X of debates, literally.
And if not, you can always turn the evening into a drinking game. Here's what Reason's editors will be drinking to tonight.
Take a sip any time...
- Biden says “literally.” Take two double shots if he literally, literally uses the word twice in a row.
- Ryan references the Congressional Budget Office.
- Biden accuses Ryan or Romney of lying about their plans.
- Ryan answers any question using two or more budget projections.
- Biden mentions his hometown of Scranton, PA.
- Ryan says the words “premium support.” Finish the bottle if he mentions “competitive bidding.”
- Biden says the Romney campaign is proposing a $5 trillion tax cut.
- Ryan says they aren’t.
- Biden uses the word “Yo!” (with or without the exclamation point).
- Anyone says the words “Simpson-Bowles.”
- Anyone mentions Big Bird.