4:37 PM Today’s Market Massacre By the Numbers
Stocks Skid, Fear Rises, 2011 Gains Evaporate
Brazil’s in a Bear Market
S&P Goes Negative for the Year
Beware the Message of the Bond Market
Stock Market Looking Increasingly Skittish
It’s 1937. No, it’s 1938! Or is it 1930? Talk About Lousy Choices…
Dow Transports, Russell 2000 and More Now Down YTD
11:22AM Has the Market Already Peaked?
And me looking for a short-term reversal.
Either I'm right and the scribes are just reflecting their (grantedly pretty sophisticated) readership or we are all going to die via an agonizing bio-weaponized ebola induced horror.
If it's the latter keep an eye peeled for (via the NYT):
During the incubation period, which can last about 1 week, symptoms include:
- Backache (low-back pain)
- Sore throat
- Bleeding from eyes, ears, and nose
- Bleeding from the mouth and rectum (gastrointestinal bleeding)
- Eye inflammation (conjunctivitis)
- Genital swelling (labia and scrotum)
- Increased feeling of pain in skin
- Rash over the entire body that often contains blood (hemorrhagic)
- Roof of mouth looks red
- Seizures, coma, delirium
I suppose if you are bleeding from every orfice the depression is understandable.