Friday, November 19, 2010

Unconfirmed Rumors that Ford Motor Co. will acquire Tesla Motors, Inc. at $55.00 a share (TSLA; F)

Let's see, we've got the acquirer, the acquiree and the price. All we need is the date and time.
I'll go with The 12th.
From Benzinga:

Unconfirmed Rumors that Ford Motor Co. (F) will acquire Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) at $55.00 a share..Neither company could be reached for comment.

High-end vehicles? We saw how well Jaguar worked out, hell why not.
Plus we know they have a long-standing interest in EV's:
"...Within a year, I hope, we shall begin the manufacture of an electric automobile. I don’t like to talk about things which are a year ahead, but I am willing to tell you something of my plans...."
-Henry Ford
The New York Times 
 January 11, 1914

Via "Ford, Edison and the Cheap EV That Almost Was"