Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 14, 2008 - Update: Gurus Explain Why They Were Wrong About the Stock Market

They actually have eleven, there's a joke in there, somewhere.
From CXO Advisory Group:

The top ten excuses, from the bottom...

10. You took my statement out of context, leaving out all the obfuscatory elaboration, conditional clauses, counterpoints and equivocations. Your judgment is unfair.

9. I was close enough. You should give me credit.

8. I will be right eventually; I just don't know when. (Alternatively: I was right all along, but my timing was off.)

7. I may be wrong on some little things, but I'm dead right on all the big ones. You shouldn't count the little ones.

6. I provide risk assessments based on historical tendencies, not forecasts. You should not call it wrong. The low probability scenario happened, so it was just bad luck....MORE