Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"An Easy $100,000" Off of Global Warming

Always remember
Never forget
A promise to pay
Should be seen as a debt

The key words to know
To validate Gore
Are Guarantee
And Guarantor

With profuse apologies to the ghost of J.P. Morgan and those who taught him the five C's of credit:
Capital, Collateral, Capacity, Conditions and Character.

Update: I knew "refute" was backwards, thanks for validate.
I ain't no Betjeman*.
Pretty quick with the email.

I don't know who the people behind this challenge are, I don't know if they're good for the hundo, I don't know if they'll try to weasel.
I thought I'd get the word out to CI's loyal (and long-suffering), smart (and good-looking) readers.
Update II: I was just sent the press release. The folks behind the challenge are Junkscience. I don't know them, but I visit the site.

*John Betjeman, Poet Laureate of England whipped up this little bit (and a thousand others). Tough to beat for meter:
A Subaltern's Love Song

Miss J. Hunter Dunn, Miss J. Hunter Dunn,
Furnish'd and burnish'd by Aldershot sun,
What strenuous singles we played after tea,
We in the tournament - you against me!

Love-thirty, love-forty, oh! weakness of joy,
The speed of a swallow, the grace of a boy,
With carefullest carelessness, gaily you won,
I am weak from your loveliness, Joan Hunter Dunn.

Miss Joan Hunter Dunn, Miss Joan Hunter Dunn,
How mad I am, sad I am, glad that you won,
The warm-handled racket is back in its press,
But my shock-headed victor, she loves me no less....

Although snobs don't much care for it.
Here's the "Challenge".




CHALLENGE

$100,000 will be awarded to the first person to prove, in a scientific manner, that humans are causing harmful global warming. The winning entry will specifically reject both of the following two hypotheses:...