Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Flashback: The Washington Post On Inflation

With the Great and the Good cautioning us about going too far in the fight against inflation while omitting the fact they were saying the same sort of thing in February 2021, 15 monthly CPI reports ago, I am reminded of a Washington Post headline from July 22, 2021:

Republicans are scaremongering about inflation to derail the Democratic agenda

I'm not even Republican and I found that offensive.

There were others who echoed the same pitch, others whom I won't mention so as not to remind them of their rank partisanship in the face of the reality of the numbers.

And I wonder where Senator Manchin, defying his party and his caucus, got the testicular fortitude to say, in December 2021, that he just could not vote for another $2 Trillion in deficit spending.