Friday, October 26, 2018

Forget the Gurkha Who Fought-Off the Rapists; Here's the Badass of the Week

In Tuesday's "Dyson chooses Singapore for first electric car plant" I retold the story of a retired Gurkha soldier who took on 40 robbers/would-be gang rapists on his train trip home.
The group he went up against were armed with knives, firearms and swords while he had his Gurkha kukri knife.
He killed three, wounded eight and chased the other 29 off the train. The young lady was not raped.

However...
He had his kukri.

This guy on the other hand:

New York Post, Oct. 25
Eight knife-wielding thugs tried to rob the wrong MMA fighter
A group of eight knife-wielding thugs was forced to flee when they unknowingly attempted to rob a martial arts instructor.
Louis Nicholson, 22, was alone walking down a street in Grays, England, at 4 p.m. on Oct. 16 when a gang of thugs approached him demanding his phone.
But Nicholson, who is trained in mixed martial arts and coaches sessions, refused to hand anything over.
Nicholson claims the gang started to attack him but as he managed to fight them off they pulled out knives and stabbed him multiple times.
Nicholson was stabbed under the armpit and received a large gash to his arm, which he has received stitches for.
“I’m minding my business when eight people decide they wanted to liberate my hard-earned possessions from me,” Nicholson said.

“Long story short I said I was ready to fight them because I was not going to give them my things — it was probably a stupid move, I realize that now. So anyway, we start fighting — it was one person against eight, bearing in mind.
“I was doing my best to keep them at bay, I even managed to punch two of them in the face, so they dropped to the floor. Only after they had already attacked me though of course. Anyway, at this point, the absolute cowards decide eight versus one isn’t a big enough advantage for them.
“So they pull out their blades and start stabbing and slashing at me while I’m trying to fight off the others.”
Nicholson claims the fight lasted for two minutes as he tried to move the fight closer to a site where more members of the public were.....MORE
Here is a 17 second video on how to survive a knife attack, it moves fast, pay close attention at the 14-16 second mark: