From time to time Tim Iacono (Iacono Research) shares the goings-on in Bozeman.
Via The Mess That Greenspan Made:
From the Police Reports page of the Bozeman Daily Chronicle come the best of the Bozeman police reports from the last week along with some items from the Sheriff’s Office.
The weather is getting wetter and warmer and both humans and wildlife are getting into more trouble around here, the former mostly a result of too much drinking, offering further confirmation that the state stereotype noted here yesterday has some degree of truth to it. As noted in the last highlighted item at the end of this list, one of the things that can be seen around here with some regularity is people driving their cars with their dog running outside, on a leash, in order to let the dog get some good exercise without the owner exerting themself. This is the first time I’ve heard of this when drinking was involved.
- A caller wanted two men moved along. They were sitting in lounge chairs, drinking and watching the flooding at East Mendenhall Street and Rouse Avenue around 3:30 a.m.
- A caller just arriving to work on West Mendenhall Street around 7:45 a.m. found the front window broken and an intoxicated man in the building. The man took off but police tracked the 27-year-old Bozeman burglar down and arrested him.
- A deputy put a black cow and calf back in their pasture on Baxter Lane around 7 a.m.
- Three bison were grazing outside a pasture fence on Cottonwood Road around 10:15 a.m.
- A woman who had reported her social security card as stolen later found it “in the safe place where she hid it.”
- A caller had questions as to how to handle a neighbor who “makes obscene gestures” every time he drives by the caller’s house.
- A bear was going through trash it had gotten from a dumpster on Arrowleaf Hills Drive around 11:30 p.m.
- A driver was stopped on North Fifth Avenue and West Main Street for going the wrong way on a one way with no headlights. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence....MORE
At Least We’re Not Fargo
In place of the Best of the Bozeman Police Reports that normally appears here on Saturday, here’s an item from the local paper that offers at least a partial explanation for all those drunk and disorderly incidents that you’ve been reading about here:
Website names Bozeman among ‘Drunkest Cities’Bozeman makes a lot of nationwide lists, but a new ranking as one of the top 10 Drunkest Cities in America caught a few people off guard....MORE