From Second City Cop:
One Bad Ass Clown
An off-duty Chicago police officer dressed up as a clown for a South Side fundraiser shot and killed a teen who held him at gunpoint tonight after the event, authorities said, citing preliminary information.SCC is the source for info on the 'wildings' that have become an almost weekly event. The "Mag Mile" is now known as "the "Mug Mile".
The officer, who is assigned to the Near North police district, was in his clown outfit for a fundraiser for a day-care business, attended by about 50 children near West 87th Street and South Damen Avenue....MORE
The powers that be called them 'flash mobs', which I suppose they resemble, except for the robbery and the beating of the victims.
And from the Bozeman Daily Chronicle via The Mess That Greenspan Made:
Inadvertent 911 calls made a comeback last week as did “flipping off” incidents (two regular reports that were seen over the winter months) as an increasing number of intoxicated individuals are now shouting profanities late at night and one or more overly aggressive door-to-door salesmen have been in the area (I’m glad I didn’t answer the door the other day after we saw someone going from house to house and then heard our doorbell ring)....MORE
- An officer warned two drivers for “participating in a road rage incident” after one of the drivers called to report the other was flipping the caller off.
- A caller wanted to know how to get his mother to stop harassing him.
- Someone went into a backyard on Bridger Drive overnight and moved a table.
- A caller said people in a white truck cut down a tree to block the caller from leaving the Four Corners Fishing Access around 10 p.m. A friend came to help the caller move the tree and the incident was referred to Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks.
- A woman flagged down an officer on Huffine Lane around 12:15 a.m. to tell him a door to a bank was open. The officer checked the business, found nothing amiss and closed the door adjoining another business.
- A caller complained about “several hundred sheep being pastured in city limits.” The call was referred to the city planning department.
- A very friendly, tailless, black cat with extra toes and a red collar was hanging around an East Lamme Street home around 4:30 p.m.
- A woman walking up and down the 400 block of East Main Street around 10:30 p.m. was reportedly yelling profanities at herself but was not yelling at all when police arrived.
- A woman told a dispatcher after a 911 hang-up call that her baby was “cheesing on her phone.” The woman was “very hard to hear on the phone due to baby slobber.” The baby had apparently dialed the phone.
- Officers checked on a woman walking along East Main Street and yelling profanities around 4:30 a.m.
- Around 2:45 p.m. a woman called saying a door-to-door salesman stood outside her Fir Crest Court home yelling when she said she wasn’t interested in what he was selling.
- A man told a dispatcher he was out at a bar around 10:45 p.m. and that his phone must have “butt dialed.”