Monday, January 11, 2010

No Wham! Reunion! (Don't tell Mark Gongloff)

From Stuff.co.nz:

...Although George is proud of the duo's legacy, there is one song he isn't keen on - their 1984 hit 'Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go'.

The 'Fastlove' singer said: "I'm not keen on that song. I haven't sung it for a long time."

As well as being unsure about some of the band's songs, George has previously confessed he made some fashion faux-pas while in Wham!.

He said: "When I see myself. I cringe mostly! Take the blonde hair. I wanted to have long, blond, straight hair because I didn't really want to be me.

"Looking back, I suppose I could have done without those curtain rings in my ears as well."

What!
The Wall Street Journal's Mark Gongloff is known as a bit of a metal head but research revealed the dark psychological truth. We had a comment at MarketBeat that we re-posted in 2008's "Metal Goes Soft":

...Among the comments:

Come on, we all know that Mr. Gongloff’s secret shame is humming ‘Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go’ when he thinks no one can hear.

Seriously though, he should get prescience points for coming up with the heavy metal band name “Fjardaal Smelter” a few weeks after sub-prime entered the zeitgeist last year.

Comment by Climateer - July 11, 2008 at 8:47 am
We need to use more rock dots in everyday English. That’ll even things out.
Comment by Herr Umlaut - July 11, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Herr Umlaut,
When Mr. Gongloff was single-handing the Energy Roundup blog, his was the first place I saw the news of Spıal Tap’s reunion.
We alerted our readers that the ER was THE place on the internet for venue and artist information.
If you recall, David St. Hubbins is on record as saying :
“It’s like a pair of eyes. You’re looking at the umlaut, and it’s looking at you.”
When we chose a theme song for the Climateer Investing blog, the votes were leaning to the Scorpions’ “Rock you like a hurricane” but I wimped out and went with Modern English’s “I melt with you”.
Close to “everyday English”?

Comment by Climateer - July 11, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Climateer, shame on you, I had no idea!
.
ARG… what i would give for a HE nade right now…

Comment by To: Hemlaut at 1:26... more rock dots you think! - July 11, 2008 at 5:04 pm

Ja und Ja.
I got the dots over the “n̈” in Spinal though....