Monday, January 14, 2008

Trading What's In and Trading What's Out (FSLR;

From Minyanville:


Traders should keep a long list of all alternative energy names and continuously review them for pockets of relative strength.


...Alternative Energy: To me this is the grand daddy of all ‘In’s.’ I have written extensively on my thoughts regarding this subject however in a brief synopsis I believe it is quite clear that the real push to implement alternative energy all throughout the globe is finally upon us.

I suspect this will become a major industry in the United States in addition to many developing countries worldwide. The last few years, solar stocks have been the runners with companies like First Solar (FSLR) and SunPower (SPWR) telling us they were the clear winners. As time goes on, I am curious if other sub sectors will start to emerge like Fuel cell, Water or Wind. Traders should keep a long list of all alternative energy names and continuously review them for pockets of relative strength. The gains we have already seen in this area have been substantial however I believe this may have just begun.