Wednesday, September 22, 2021

"Here's How to Tell Within 5 Minutes If Someone Isn't as Smart as They Think"

Question no.1: Are they a fund manager?

If yes, skip the story, you already have your answer. 

From Inc.: 

Science says people who do one thing tend to be less intelligent. And less competent.

I ordered a turkey sandwich and asked for double meat. The guy behind me said, "You shouldn't eat meat." I turned and shrugged. 

"Seriously," he said, his voice getting louder. "Meat is bad for you."

"Maybe so," I said. "But I like meat." 

Evidently that was not the right response. "A friend turned me on to a vegan diet," he said. "Only fools eat meat. Meat is terrible for you. There's not a single reason to eat meat. The science is irrefutable." Then he paused and moved closer, narrowing his eyes to stare intently into mine.

"It's changed my life," he said.

"I'm not sure all meat is bad," I said. "But that's really cool how being a vegan has worked out for you. How long have you been doing it?"

"This is my second day," he said.

Ah.

The Dunning-Kruger Effect....

....MUCH MORE

Question no.2: Do they prattle on endlessly about Dunning-Kruger?

The Dunning-Kruger Effect Is Probably Not Real 

Question no.3: ...ahhh screw it.... 

https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2021/09/silent-vegan.jpg?w=576&ssl=1