Monday, September 14, 2026

(House Speaker-in-Waiting) "Jeffries Says Democrats to Meet Tuesday on AI Action: ABC News"

Mr. Jeffries is currently House Minority Leader. He would be elevated to the speakership should his party take control of the House of Representatives after the November mid-term election.
When I saw that President Obama had seen the political opportunity* in Jacob Coxon's resignation tweet from Anthropic, I thought of a 2022 post that was introduced by another Chicago community organizer and one of his acolytes:
 
"The despair is there; 
now it's up to us to go in and rub raw the sores of discontent, 
galvanize them for radical social change.” 

If interested see also:

THERE IS ONLY THE FIGHT
An Analysis of the Alinsky Model
Hillary D. Rodham
Wellesley College
2 May 1969

And now (Sept. 13) we see at Bloomberg the headline story:

House Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries says Democrats plan a caucus on Tuesday morning on action on artificial intelligence, according to a transcript of his interview with ABC’s This Week.

*September 13 - "Obama Urges Democrats to Move A.I. Oversight to the Center of Their Agenda"