Thursday, May 9, 2019

Bezos, Andreessen and Gates Looking For Cobalt In Canada

Not them personally, can you imagine? Tramping around northern Saskatchewan?
Jeff: Bill, does this rock look blue to you?
Bill: I can't see it, let me get my glasses.
Marc: Guys, have I told you all the things I've wanted to tweet since I quit Twitter?
Jeff and Bill: Oh Gawd
No, it's a company they're invested in (see March 5: Cobalt: Bill Gates, Bezos, Dalio Are On the Hunt for New Underground Supply)

From the Saskatoon StarPhoenix:

California company backed by Gates, Bezos staking claims in Sask.
KoBold Metals, which is based in California, is looking for ethical sources of cobalt, which is used in electric car batteries.
An American startup whose search for cobalt for batteries is backed by some of the world’s wealthiest people, including Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos, is staking claims in the northeast corner of Saskatchewan.

Public records show Faith in Gravity Holdings Inc., which is registered in British Columbia, staked its mineral claims this month. The holding company’s directors are the top three executives of California-based KoBold Metals....
...MORE