Sunday, June 5, 2016

Something To Be Aware Of: Copper

I've been at the market pretty much my entire adult life and like anyone doing something repetitively have developed mental filters to cut through the noise so one can focus on the important things: cat videos, dirty limericks about Turkey's Erdoğan (A wannabe Pasha from 'bul, showed Europe that they had no pull...) and Sartre parodies.

After a while you internalize the patterns and trust that if the world is about to end someone will text you.
Or jot a quick post. As Chris Kimble did at his Kimble Charting Solutions, June 1:
In 1999 and 2001, Ole Doc Copper created a double bottom on a monthly basis and started moving higher. Once Copper started heading sharply higher in 2003, commodities and stocks did pretty well in the following years.

Currently Doc Copper finds itself in what could be a very important price point, that could say a good deal about the direction of the macro picture, around the world. Copper has spent 98% of the past 13-years inside of a rising channel, check out what it is doing below.
 coppertesting13yearrising support june 1
Copper double bottomed in 1999 and 2001 and then started moving higher for years to come. Copper double topped in 2011 and has been moving steadily lower for the past 5-years....MORE
We may be looking at a major macro tell.

As to cats, I don't really care for them and they appear to know this. Dogs on the other hand seem to look on me as that big dog who knows how to drive and has impeccable taste in snacks.
I suppose though, some of the cat vids are okay:


Winner of the prestigious Kitty d'Or, Internet Cat Video Festival, 2014 

but how can they compare with:

The Jean-Paul Sartre Cookbook
October 3
Spoke with Camus today about my cookbook. Though he has never actually eaten, he gave me much encouragement. I rushed home immediately to begin work. How excited I am! I have begun my formula for a Denver omelet.

October 4
Still working on the omelet. There have been stumbling blocks. I keep creating omelets one after another, like soldiers marching into the sea, but each one seems empty, hollow, like stone. I want to create an omelet that expresses the meaninglessness of existence, and instead they taste like cheese. I look at them on the plate, but they do not look back. Tried eating them with the lights off. It did not help.
Malraux suggested paprika.
...MORE

HT: Critical-Theory, "one of the most widely read English-language philosophy blogs in the world."

Unless.....
Combining the two strands...