Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Elon Musk: I'm Worried About A 'Terminator'-Like Scenario Erupting From Artificial Intelligence"

You and me both Bruddah E.
From Business Insider:
Elon Musk believes it is feasible a 'Terminator' like scenario could erupt out of an artificial intelligence.
In an interview with CNBC Tuesday evening, Musk said he's an investor in an artificial intelligence company called Vicarious — but not because he's trying to make any money per se. Rather, it's because he likes to "keep an eye on" various technological developments.

Like killer robots.

Here's the full exchange, with the network's Kelly Evans and Julia Boorstin leading the discussion.
It's wild:

JULIA BOORSTIN: Now, I have to ask you about a company that you invested in. As you said, you make almost no investments outside of SpaceX and Tesla.
ELON MUSK: Yeah I’m not really an investor.

JB: You’re not an investor?
EM: Right. I don’t own any public securities apart from SolarCity and Tesla.

JB: That's amazing. But you did just invest in a company called Vicarious Artificial Intelligence. What is this company?
MUSK: Right. I was also an investor in DeepMind before Google acquired it and Vicarious. Mostly I sort of – it's not from the standpoint of actually trying to make any investment return. It's really, I like to just keep an eye on what's going on with artificial intelligence. I think there is potentially a dangerous outcome there and we need to –
...MORE