Monday, October 15, 2012

Climateer Line of the Day: Short the French Edition

"...My advice to all investors is to be short everything French over the next decade, and you will make money.”
-British Member of the European Parliament Nigel Farage
quoted in the New Yorker

Also via the New Yorker:
...Farage, who is forty-eight and worked for two decades as a commodities trader and broker, has the charisma of a taproom duke and the appearance of a mongoose (there’s a Tumblr called Meerkats That Look Like Nigel Farage)....
HT: Clusterstock

I've mentioned (in 2008's "European Politicians Think They are Rulers; Need Energy Wasting Palace" and elsewhere) that I liked the early French kings over the latter ones:
...When MEP's dream, are they Capetian or Carolingian?
Capetian, methinks.

I've always liked the Carolingians better,
they seemed more human-

Charles II, the Bald
Louis II, the Stammerer
Charles, the Fat
Charles III, the Simple
Along the lines of the Brit's Aethelred II, the Unready
(my fav. royal nickname)...
Well the very first Carolingian king was, you're probably ahead of me on this, Pepin the Short.