Amid my recent difficulties (sickness, loss of my main computer, difficulties updating my blog software), I have been musing about the health of our economy going forward. Before I give my opinion, I want to share a range of views that I think are worth reading:
- China Institute Proposes Weaker Yuan to Boost Growth
- The Great Depression – Just the Facts, Ma’am
- Recession? No, It’s a D-process, and It Will Be Long
- The Chart That Changed the World — Wrong?
- More Than Two Aspirin
- Steve Keen’s Debtwatch
- No alternative to inflation
- How Government Created the Financial Crisis
- Hire Irving Fisher!
I admire the efforts that many are making in moving back to first principles. We see analyses from Classical, Austrian, Post-Keynesian, Minsky (nonlinear dynamics), and other perspectives.
My view remains that depressions result from a buildup of too much debt, including debt complexity....MORE
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Thinking About Debt Deflation
From The Aleph Blog: