Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Inventing the Future II

I was in such a hurry to hit the 'Publish Now' button on the Nathan Myhrvold post "Inventing the Future" that I forgot a couple links.

First up, if you have an interest in investing via intellectual property portfolios, we did a post in January '08 on Ocean Tomo's approach, "Really Smart Investing":

10-Year Backtest

OT300 10 Year

Second, as anyone who was doing financial/investment blogging in September 2008 knows, WaPo's Joel Achenbach speaks a simple truth, simply:

...When in doubt, go with the most hysterical headline.
(Rule one of blogging is that the End Of The World will be good for page views.)

In August '08 we had a post that linked to one of his newspaper columns and three blog entries including:
Next Stop:The Dead Zone

Dead zones are all the rage! Here's my latest dead zone story. That's all I do now: I've got the dead zone beat. Refrain from obvious "deadbeat" jokes!!!...MORE