Thursday, November 13, 2008

Soros: You Have My Word as a Hedge Fund Manager "...says deep recession inevitable, depression possible"

I am always amused when Congress asks these guys to testify, it's like going to an Adolph Eichmann lecture on ethics, but I repeat myself*. Now in this case I agree but definitely not because he said it.
From Reuters:
George Soros, chairman of Soros Fund Management, testified at a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing on Thursday. Highlights:

* Said "a deep recession is now inevitable and the possibility of a depression cannot be ruled out."

* Said hedge funds were an integral part of the financial market bubble which now has burst.

* Said hedge funds will be "decimated" by the current financial crisis and forced to shrink their portfolios by 50-75 percent....MORE

*"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain