Thursday, April 24, 2008

Energy, Immelt and the Wall Street Journal (GE)

As a follow-up to yesterday's post "GE's Immelt reduced to whining after homicidal rant from Jack Welch (GE) ", DealBreaker gives us some insight into how the big boys play the game:

Electric Press

Jeff Immelt: Is anyone from the damn public relations office back yet?

Vice President: The new girl, Tiny.

JI: Wait, the hot little number who's schtoinking that editor at that financial paper?

VP: The Wall Street Journal?

JI: Right. The Streetwise Journal.

VP: The Wall Street Journal.

JI: Get her sweet buns in here. Now. Oh, and I'd like my eggs poached this morning.

VP: Right.

Tina: You asked for me Mr. Immelt?

JI: Right. So, while your entire fucking office was on vacation, we managed to divert this public stuff about Jack shooting me with our "cheaper energy" gambit. But I want some more action. I want newspapers bleeding ink about the Immer. Got it? I mean bleeding. And I want big papers. I want the Wall Streetwise Journal writing about GE. Writing about GE and how the Immer is steering it through the rough spots. This CNBC thing is killing us. Oh, speaking of, what's the story with the hit man and the CNBC people?>>>MORE