Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Tweets from Jeff Bezos’s meeting with the Washington Post staff:

From Romanesko:

[UPDATED] Jeff Bezos tells Washington Post staffers: ‘Don’t be boring’
* “The death knell for any enterprise is to glorify the past” (@TheFix)
* First test in purchase decision is whether WaPo is important institution. Yes, Bezos decided (@erikwemple)
* Bezos: I am issue-focused and wapo editorial positions “line up” with “mine anyway” (@erikwemple)
* “Feel free to cover Amazon any way you want. Feel free to cover Jeff Bezos any way you want.” (@jjsimonWP)
* “I don’t think we need to keep shrinking the business.” (@clintonyates)
* “If I thought it was hopeless I’d feel BAD for you guys. But I wouldn’t want to join you” (@mboorstein)
* Bezos: “I really do believe that we’ll figure something out…” I’m less optimistic about desktops than I am about tablets. (@tjortenzi)
...MORE