Start-up global macro hedge fund incubated by Peter Thiel's Thiel Capital - San Francisco Bay Area
Job DescriptionInvestment analyst with primary responsibilities to:
- Investigate economic hypotheses that lead to conclusions that are fundamentally correct but missed by most of the world
- Develop predictive models to drive investment decisions based on economic fundamentals, supply and demand, and money flows across global markets, including currencies, bonds, stocks, and commodities
- Source, manipulate, and analyze large datasets with the intent to conduct bias-free back-testing and scenario analyses
- Contribute ideas, analysis, and commentary to monthly economic / investment papers
Desired Skills & ExperienceIdeal candidate would have:
- Entrepreneurial mindset with desire to help grow a new investment management
- High GPA from top-tier university; preferably in computer science, mathematics, statistics, econometrics, physics, engineering or other highly quantitative
- Two-to-three years’ experience in consulting / banking / macroeconomic research
- Demonstrably extraordinary analytic and problem solving abilities coupled with innate curiosity, rigorous logical thinking, and an open-mind
- Exceptional modeling skills; quantitative language skills a plus (e.g., Matlab, Sas, or R)
- Powerful work ethic, resourceful, highly organized, clear communication, with exacting attention to detail
- Basic familiarity with economics / finance helpful but not required ...
... including a charge to "Investigate economic hypotheses that lead to conclusions that are fundamentally correct but missed by most of the world"...