Saturday, May 2, 2009

The 2009 Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting Has Ended

UPDATE-See also:As Close to a Transcript of the 2009 Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting as You're Going to Find* (BRK.A)

Original post:
Latest posts from Megan McAldle and Liz Claman. In their entirety.
From Asymmetrical Information:


ring.jpg
Photo from Flickr user Rubyran

The last question of the afternoon was "Alex from Boston", who thanked his girl for being "my best friend" and then popped the question. This turned out to be something of a setup; Alex is Warren Buffett's great-nephew. But the arena still broke into hearty applause.

Normally I'd add, "I hope she said yes". But this is a relative of Warren Buffett. I'm sure he knew the answer to the question before he asked it.
Here's the patter via Fox Business News' Liz Claman:

Question: Advice on how we can improve the economy?

Buffett: We can do what the government tells us to do which is go out and spend. Household formations are important to getting past this overbuild in construction… I don’t know if that gives you any ideas or not?

Questioner: “Mimi you’re my best friend - would you be my wife??”

Mimi: Yes!!

Questioner was Buffett’s great nephew! Buffett said Mimi is great!