The anonymous, electron-stained wretches, "MarketBeat Staff", known only to God (and their Moms), have been putting together concise 'Data Points' posts on equities and energy & metals on a daily basis, with weekly and month-end overviews. Here's the latest at MarketBeat:
By MarketBeat Staff
Nymex crude for July delivery rose $15.19 per barrel, or 29.71%, this month to $66.31.
- Up for the fourth consecutive month.
- Up 59.09% over the last four months.
- Largest monthly percentage gain since March 1999.
- This week, crude gained $4.64 per barrel, or 7.52%.
- Today, it is up $1.23, or 1.89%.
Nymex natural gas for July delivery rose 46.2 cents per million BTUs, or 13.70%, this month to $3.835.
- Snaps a ten month losing streak.
- Largest monthly dollar and percentage gain since June 2008.
- This week natural gas rose 19.9 cents, or 5.47%.
- Today, it is down 12.2 cents, or 3.08%.