Black River Asset Management, an independently managed subsidiary of Cargill, Incorporated, is an asset management business with over $10 billion in assets under management, offices in twelve countries and more than 20 years of worldwide investment experience. Black River provides institutional and other qualified investors with alternative investment strategies. Black River offers a wide range of investment products supported by experienced investment professionals, rigorous risk processes and a well-established global infrastructure.
50% - Creation of detailed interactive financial models of asset intensive project development companies and possibly greenfield and operational projects, and to conduct rigorous scenario, sensitivity and valuation analyses. Development of recommendations to the MDs on the suitability of such investments in the context of CEIF’s risk/return parameters.
15% - Conduct of equity analysis of listed companies active in the renewable energy area, including discounted cash flow (DCF) valuations and comparative market value analyses. Recommendations to the MDs of trades and their timing.
15% - Attending meetings with management teams, site visits etc.
10% - Ongoing management of existing portfolio companies and maintenance of internal reports.
10% - Creation of sector reports, position papers etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• At least 5 years of experience creating financial models and analysis using Excel, Bloomberg and similar software and information sources.
• Recognized financial or accounting qualifications that could include; CFA, CPA, Bank training program, Series 6, 7 or 63.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to generate original ideas and make recommendations.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to be flexible with work hours.
• Experience in project finance, private equity, carbon markets and/or equity analysis.
• Familiarity with the Energy and/or renewable energy sector.
• Financial analysis experience gained in a recognized financial institution such as a private equity firm or investment bank.
• Flexibility and comfort to travel to and work in different locations, in many cases internationally.
• Interest to live in Minnesota for at least 3-5 years.
• Foreign language skills.
Cargill, founded in 1865, is an international provided of food, agricultural and risk management products and services. With customers spanning the globe, we provide expert advice in crops and livestock; food; health and pharmaceuticals; industrial; and financial and risk management. Cargill now employs over 160,000 people in 67 countries around the world.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Posted by climateer at 9:09 AM