Thursday, February 14, 2008

Climateer's "Quote of the Day"

From:
Sexual Politics Enlighten the Hedge-Fund Trader: Michael Lewis

There comes a time in the life of every successful hedge-fund manager when he realizes that his political opinions are seriously undervalued.

For me, that time has been slower in coming than for most. Even after I bought my first jet I thought of myself, politically, as an ordinary American citizen, not some ``thought leader.''

It wasn't until one night, a couple of weeks ago, as I sat alone in my $17 million apartment, that it finally dawned on me: Ordinary people don't have a net worth of $475 million. If my political opinions were as valuable as everything else I've done, it'd be a kind of crime to keep them to myself....-Bloomberg

HT: Crossing Wall Street