Friday, April 6, 2007

The IPCC and Global Warming

The Working Group II report "Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability" was supposed to have been released when I woke up (not upon my awakening), there is intense politicking over the wording and the release has been delayed.

The IPCC has been making selective leaks so we know the general flavor of the wording.

From a previous (non-IPCC) report:

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

I'll be over at Climateer Economics and the science site Climateer most of today.

The WSJ Energy Roundup beat me to the punch on coal. I read somewhere that one of the rules of blogging is "The longer you delay writing on a topic, the better the final effort has to be".

I'll see if I can find something like this to say about our prospects:

In the most high and palmy state of Rome, A little ere the mightiest Julius fell, The graves stood tenantless, and the sheeted dead Did squeak and gibber in the Roman streets.

It's not "Happy Days Are Here Again" but pretty chipper for Hamlet. Or this:

The memory be green.