Wednesday, April 11, 2007

ConocoPhillips Awards ISU $22.5 Million for Biofuels Research

This is the website for Iowa State University's Office of Biorenewable Programs.

I am convinced that the research being done at the big Ag schools will have world changing impacts. The papers from Perdue and Minnesota, in the heart of corn and bean country, give some indication of the intellectual honesty that is still manifest in this country, compares so favorably with the political aspects of energy and is required if we are going to find answers to really large (forty quadrillion BTU's of petroleum per year) challenges.

In my last couple posts I've (gently, I hope) poked fun at some of Vinod Khosla's biofuel investments and pronouncements. Before I leave the topic of biofuels I should point out another of Mr. Khosla's projects. Mother Earth News has been promoting the idea of totally self-contained farming for decades, although not on this scale. For some reason, I can't get a picture of Mr. Khosla in OshKosh B'gosh overalls out of my head. Green Acres is the Place to be...

Climateer Investing: where you'll find sequential links to Wired2.0 and MENews. With theme music.

HT: WSJ EnergyRoundup