Tuesday, September 15, 2026

"Nvidia CEO to attend Trump dinner for Xi, source says"

From Reuters, September 15:

Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang is set to ​attend U.S. President Donald Trump's state dinner for ‌Chinese President Xi Jinping, a source familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.

Trump is scheduled to meet with Xi on September ​24 in Washington.
 
Huang's attendance at the dinner comes ​amid growing public alarm about the potential danger posed ⁠by AI. Nvidia supplies chips to AI developers, ​positioning the company as a key player in global discussions ​about the technology.
 
The U.S. and China are the two major forces driving development of advanced AI tools and the technology's global adoption.
 
State ​dinners are among the highest diplomatic honors a U.S. ​president can bestow on a foreign leader and are typically reserved ‌for ⁠heads of allied nations....
....MORE 
 
I'm not hearing or seeing a "growing public alarm." I see media reports and hear influence/propaganda campaigns but not "growing public alarm.
It's possible I just don't know the right people.