Tuesday, September 7, 2021

UPDATED—Beyond Meat: The Thrill Is Gone (BYND)

Update: now with linkage
Original post:

I've looked at this stock every day since the end of June [$157ish] and been too chicken* to violate the Prime Directive: "Only short frauds in a bull market, in a bear, short 'em all."

So as I flash on some mournful blues, here's Slope of Hope (I think he's a little bit early):

The Meat Will Get Beat

As I’ve mentioned, I live near the hippy-dippiest grocery store on the planet, which is Whole Foods Palo Alto, the first Whole Foods in the entire state. And, even there, I’ve yet to see a single person buy a Beyond Meat product. So it makes sense to me that the stock BYND looks like it’s ready to head for the grinder.


$114.31 -0.67 last.

*I can't help thinking of the old T-Bone Walker song "Too Lazy to Work, Too Nervous to Steal".
 (not to be confused with Cholera Joe Hopper songs, below)


How do you know about Cholera Joe?
He was only the greatest Blues musician of all time.
Wait a minute, wait a minute.
Name his first album.
Bad Kinda Itch.
Huh!

This is incredible, you're a fan! You know, I have every album Cholera ever made, even the unfinished one, Don't Need No Doctor.
God, I lost my virginity listening to Cholera Joe.
Wait, which album?
No album, I-I was at a concert.

Oh Here we go! Cholera Joe's all-time classic "Pebble In My One Good Shoe."
You know, that's the last one he sang with a tooth.
Oh, I know, and did you know that in the second verse of "Where's My Leg," that was an unplanned gunshot?

just shoot me S2:E7