Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Service Tells You Exactly How Much Smarter You Are than Your Friends (or: who is the brightest tweeter in the valley?)

From Pando Daily:

Very scientific service tells you exactly how much smarter you are than your friends (and rivals)
Of course we can all agree that Pando does the best reporting on Silicon Valley, but who does the smartest? Thanks to a new service called “Beak” we finally have an answer.

Using the highly scientific process of… hunting for fancy words in tweeted headlines… Beak allows users to calculate the grade level of their tweets. For example, I apparently tweet at an 8th grade level, which puts me on the same level as Melinda Gates.

More interestingly, I’m able to compare my score with those of my friends to see which one of us is the fanciest tweeter (fortunately for the sake of inter-office harmony, both Sarah and I are 8th grade tweeters).
So what happens if I compare Pando with our friends at rival publications? I’m. Glad. You. Asked.

According to Beak — which, remember, is extremely scientific, these are the resultsMORE
 Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 12.00.29 PM