Friday, March 7, 2008

Recession Resistant Stocks: Bare Escentuals (BARE)

What I won't do to get your attention.
In Lazard Notes Bare Escentuals As Recession-Resistant (BARE) and Climateer thinks of Bras I put Bras in the headline and said "I feel pretty" in the first sentence.

The stock ran up into the Feb. earnings release and is now drifting back. Watch it.
Like the Applied Materials when we revisited it last night, BARE is showing not just relative strength vs. the NASDAQ but absolute return:

BARE since first post:+22%.
NASDAQ in same period: -4.3%.

Here are some of the recent headlines fore BARE:
S&P Equity Research Downgrades Bare Escentuals (BARE) to Hold
Bare Escentuals Higher on Profit Report

From Women'sWearDaily (one of my fav. market reads):
Bare Escentuals Sees Net Income Rise 65%
UPDATE 1-Bare Escentuals Q4 results beat Street view
Bare Escentuals gives FY08 guidance for sales growth of 20%-25%

I still feel pretty.