Wednesday, June 24, 2020

It Appears General Flynn Will Be In Need Of Investment Counsel....

...that is familiar and comfortable with three comma account balances.

From the New York Times:
Appeals Court Panel Orders End to Michael Flynn Case

That was a three judge panel of the appeals court that split 2:1.
Even if Judge Sullivan requests an en banc review of the whole court the result should be the same, there is no longer a conflict between the parties to this case.

Which brings us back to pursuit of monetary damages from a whole bunch of people and institutions. (possible criminal charges as well but here at C.I. it's all about the Benjamins)

And which further brings us back to May 7's "UPDATED—Huh, Looks Like I'll Have To Get Up To Speed On 18 U.S. Code § 242 Before The Thursday Afternoon Salon"

Update: The Lady Attorneys just informed me that the law I should refer to is probably:
42 U.S. Code § 1985. Conspiracy to interfere with civil rights

And that I have probably forfeited my shot at extra credit.

Original post:
Via Cornell Law School: 
18 U.S. Code § 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law

Here's the DOJ's understanding of the law

The Lady Attorneys tell me I'll get extra credit if I can talk for one minute on: 
42 U.S. Code § 1983. Civil action for deprivation of rights

AP
AP Exclusive: Justice Dept dropping Flynn's criminal case
Reuters
Prosecutor abruptly quits handling case against ex-Trump adviser Michael Flynn
Bloomberg
Flynn Prosecutor Van Grack Steps Down From Criminal Case