Monday, July 6, 2020

Meanwhile In The Philippines...

From Newsweek:

Uhh, I was thinking maybe a nice piece of salmon.

Apparently the exact quote (translated) was:

“I will eat your liver if you want me to. Give me salt and vinegar and I will eat it in front of you,” 
Duterte said, addressing the Abu Sayyaf. “I eat everything. I am not picky....
Got it, not a finicky eater.
Originally posted three years ago today

And in other Philippines news, they take volcano evacuation orders seriously:
January 21, 2020
Calabarzon police chief to throw Talisay vice mayor into Taal Volcano if residents return
The chief of the Calabarzon (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon) police on Tuesday warned Talisay, Batangas Vice Mayor Charlie Natanauan that he will be thrown into the Taal Volcano as a “sacrifice” should residents listen to him and return to their homes in the lockdown areas.
“Nakikiusap po kami sa aming mga kababayan na kung pwede po sumunod tayo sa batas na ipinapatupad ngayon,” Calabarzon police chief Brig. Gen. Vicente Danao Jr. said in an interview over DZRH. “Especially in the lockdown areas wherein we are now prohibited to enter within the 14-kilometer radius.”....
....MORE